Restructuring and Insolvency
We provide advice to insolvency practitioners, creditors, directors, company officers, corporations and individuals on formal insolvency appointments and business recovery and reconstruction strategies.
Our approach is always outcome driven. We offer a full range of services for all aspects of insolvency, restructuring and turnaround matters. We have extensive experience with the full range of external administration, personal insolvency and bankruptcy appointments.
Liquidators, Receivers, Administrators, Controllers and Bankruptcy Trustees
For insolvency practitioners we assist with:
- asset realisation and recovery;
- insolvent trading and voidable transaction claims;
- appointment and termination issues;
- remuneration, cost, expenses and charges recovery and protection;
- priority issues;
- competing and conflicting administration, receiverships, liquidators;
- preparation of Deed of Company Arrangements (DoCAs); and Personal Insolvency Agreements (PIAs);
- Personal Property Security Register (PPSR) issues;
- schemes of arrangement;
Our clients include many of Perth’s most respected insolvency practitioners. We aim to provide prompt commercially focused advice while remaining at all times personally accessible.
We have provided advice and representation in many complex external administrations across all industries. This has included specialised advice in relation to the Bell litigation and recovery; and asset realisation claims and actions in relation to Great Southern Finance and Geneva Finance. In addition, on a daily basis, we assist insolvency practitioners with the many and numerous issues that exist with the management of corporate and personal insolvencies.
Companies, Officers, Shareholders and Individuals
For those addressing or dealing with insolvency related issues or with recovery from insolvent entities and persons we assist with:
- debtor and asset recovery and protection;
- restructuring and turnaround;
- securitisation and Personal Property Security Register (PPSR) issues;
- defending and settling claims from insolvency practitioners;
- asset protection and business structuring;
- Australian Taxation Office (ATO) negotiations, forbearance, payment plans, remission of General Interest Charge (GIC) and penalties;
- Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) and hardship applications;
- Personal Insolvency Agreements (PIAs) and debt agreements;
- asset and business sales;
- shareholder and management disputations;
- oppression claims;
- argued wind-up and bankruptcy proceedings.
Our clients include high net-worth individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) and their associated officers, shareholders and related parties. We aim to assist in the prompt recovery of debt for creditors. For those facing insolvency scenarios, we aim for sound practical and commercial advice.
We have provided advice and representation in a diverse range of matters over the course of an extensive period of practice.
This includes advice and representation for individuals concerning shareholder disputation, oppression and just and equitable wind-ups in relation to the hospitality, mining, construction, health, agriculture and property businesses.
Level 10/16 St Georges Terrace,
Perth 6000, Western Australia
Phone: +61 8 9325 4396
Fax: +61 8 6270 4464